Monday, October 19, 2009

NaNoWriMo! (And you can too)

So, I finally decided to make the jump. It may just be some sort of glad-handed attempt at proving my self-worth to... well, myself, but I'm going to do it. That's right, I'm doing National Novel Writing Month.

"What is National Novel Writing Month?" You may ask. Well, I couldn't hear you, but if you're asking it then you're lucky that I'm about to answer it anyway.

National Novel Writing Month (or NaNoWriMo as the cool kids call it) is a month-long writing event, starting November 1 and ending the night of November 30. The goal is to write a 175-page (50,000 word) novel by midnight of November 30. You can join up by going to the above link and creating a profile where you can track your word count, keep in touch with other NaNoWriMos and then submit your novel on the 30th for approval.

What does approval mean? Merely that they'll ensure that you accomplished the 175 page/50,000 word finish line, much like a marathon.

What do you win? Self satisfaction, a new novel that you've written, and a certificate and sticker! Yay!

Anyway, while I'm trying to fight my way through writer's block and conflicts with stupid things like sleep and school, I decided that I would try and log my frustrations HERE on TALES OF THE ECCENTRIC because, well, I haven't really been doing much else here and maybe people will actually start reading this thing and I'll feel less crazy... maybe.

Onward to glory!!!

No comments: