Friday, February 12, 2010

Update! I'm alive!

Hey Folks,

So, I know, it's been quite awhile since I've been on here. I could promise to change this, but I'm a college student and I think we all understand that I can keep saying I'll post here more, but it probably won't happen anytime soon. For those of you that actually read this thing, my apologies.

As an update to what I'm up to creatively, it's a lot:

I was drafted to write a murder mystery comedy play, which was co-written with my friend Sandra Khalil, which will go up at the University of Texas in April. It's called "The Dame's Dramatic Demise -OR- Intrigue at the Bellmont Palace". While it's not my best work, as it was written quickly, I'm still happy with how it turned out and it definitely reflects what is slowly becoming my "style". It's crazy to think that I'm actually sort of developing one, but the next proves that I am...

I also wrote a parody script for a stage adaptation of Ed Wood's infamous PLAN 9 FROM OUTER SPACE. It's called PLAN 9 FROM OUTER STAGE.

It definitely has much of the same humor from Dame's Demise, but is more personal, as I wrote it wholly on my own. This same type of humor can also be found in my older stuff, as I've been rewatching, but it's definitely gotten more refined.

Something that I was proud of, personally, was being able to work in my trademark raccoon to both scripts. It's actually getting a pretty sizable laugh in the Dame's Demise, which is nice. I may have to keep continuing that further into my career. Just for kicks, if anything. Can't get too weird in an Eccentric Gentleman script.


I'm also working on two actual properties for Eccentric Gentleman Curiosities (EGC). I'm working on the first feature-length script, which I will hopefully film in Summer '11, but it's having some problems, on which I may go into more detail in the future. Essentially, when I started in, I was feeling in a very "dramatic" mood, and now I'm working my way back to my comedy style and I'm trying to reconcile the two, as I feel my recent depressions had negatively affected the script. We'll see how that goes.

The other is a Web TV series which is in pre-production right now and will hopefully be filmed and launched in April. April's going to be a busy month, but when am I not busy?

So, there you go, that's pretty much my professional life in a nutshell. Hope things are well with you all out there. Keep in touch, I'll try to do the same on my end.

Love,
CM

1 comment:

Logan. said...

As a reminder, I put myself out there as an actor. Anytime you need one, I'm there. Especially for filming things. I think it'd be fun, that is, if you think I'd be good for it. Also, nice to see another post on here! Good to know you're alive, I mean, I would never know otherwise... I never see you in person.